Department Support Specialist
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 917
Position Title: Department Support Specialist
The Department Support Specialist is responsible for providing support to each service line within the organization, including but not limited to Revenue Cycle (~50% of time), Credentialing and Enrollment, Finance, and Human Resources. As such, this position requires the ability to work productively within a variety of roles. This person must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles, multitasking and anticipating the needs of the organization. This position requires skills in reporting and analysis, high levels of customer service, initiative and independent judgment.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the departments within the organization
- Communicating with hospitals, payers, providers, and other entities to quickly and accurately obtain or provide information beneficial to the credentialing or enrollment needs of the organization, and other tasks associated with provider enrollment and credentialing
- Communicating with patients or guarantors by telephone to secure payment of outstanding balances by the guarantor, and to verify, obtain, and update patient and guarantor demographic information, insurance packages, case policies, and/or documents necessary for resolution of the patient’s account
- Recording payment information as presented by patient or guarantor for processing, and creating and monitoring payment plans in compliance with pre-defined parameters outlined in organization’s patient financial policies
- Receipt and acknowledgement of returned mail and bankruptcy notices, with prompt associated activities per the organization’s financial policies
- Preparing and analyzing internal and external financial statements based upon the organization’s general ledger in order to answer questions and suggest advancements
- Supporting accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Troubleshooting basic athenaNet application questions, password resets, and navigation of the tool. Escalating to EMR support as necessary
- Following all applicable federal/state regulations with respect to confidentiality and HIPAA, among others
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Associates degree from an accredited university preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues effectively and simultaneously
- Self-motivated and self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, research and follow up skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
Community / Marketing Title: Department Support Specialist
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.