Director of IT Security
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Job Number: 898
Position Title: Director of IT Security
Unified is seeking a Director of Information Security to help execute and lead the company’s technology, security, and compliance strategies across Unified Women’s Healthcare and its affiliates.
The Director of Information Technology (IT) Security will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a strategic, comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity and IT risk management program. The Director, IT Security will provide the vision and leadership necessary to manage the risk to the organization and will ensure business alignment, effective governance, system and product availability, integrity and confidentiality. This position reports to Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Provides the direction for the company’s data and cyber security protection and oversees Technology governance and policies.
- Develops security strategy, security awareness programs, security architecture, security audit/assurance and security incident response.
- Provides strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Builds and leads day-to-day function of IT Security team.
- Educates IT and Business leaders on appropriate security risk and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborates with IT and Compliance team(s) as needed and coordinates the IT component of both internal and external audits, federal and state examinations to ensure security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Develops, maintains and publishes up-to-date security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Oversees training and dissemination of security policies and practices.
- Evaluates new cyber security threats and IT trends and develops effective security controls. Oversees development of security awareness programs.
- Evaluates potential security breaches, coordinates response, and recommend corrective actions.
- Supervises staff as assigned in the performance of the job duties.
- Defines and reports on information security metrics.
- Provides project management and leadership to staff and external resources in support of established goals and objectives, improved efficiencies, and problem resolution.
- Ensures accomplishment of all objectives in accordance with company policies, procedures, and strategic direction, as well as regulatory standards governing the company.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and regulatory trends and developments for the enterprise technology.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with degree preferred in Computer Science or Information technology systems security or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the field related to the title of the position.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in healthcare IT with demonstrated experience complying with HIPAA, HITECH and other industry frameworks.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
- Knowledge of Information technology infrastructure library (such as TIL and/or COBIT (certification preferred) with respect to security administration and information technology governance in a multiplatform environment.
- Experience in establishing cyber security and risk metrics for reporting.
- Project Management and/or leadership experience.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence with demonstrated sustained leadership in a large organization involving multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated management skills, e.g., budget development and administration, policy development and implementation, personnel administration, staff training and development.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people. Practices effective oral and written communication skills.
- Travel as necessary, approx. 15%
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director of IT Security
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.