Director of Accounting, Minneapolis
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 878
Position Title: Director of Accounting - Minneapolis
Unified Women's Healthcare (Unified), one of the nation’s largest network of Ob-Gyns, is seeking a Director of Accounting for our new office in Minneapolis.
The Director of Accounting, Minneapolis is responsible for providing accounting leadership to the accounting staff in the Minneapolis office and providing a high level of client service to the care centers, physician members, and practice managers. The role reports on a matrix basis to the VP of Regional Operations of the Minneapolis and functionally to the Unified VP, Corporate Controller.
The Director of Accounting, Minneapolis is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly accounting and financial statements of the Minneapolis region. The Director or Accounting, Minneapolis will communicate and lead enhancement initiatives focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology. He / she will reinforce a culture that provides a high degree of internal customer service and responsiveness. He / she will drive effectiveness and efficiencies in the accounting throughout the region, and appropriately integrate future acquired practices into the accounting operations. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, Minneapolis will be a team of 4 supporting the Region.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Lead Regional Accounting Managers and Staff: Provide visible, hands-on leadership to the Mid-Atlantic Region Accounting Managers that includes setting a tone at the top that ensures the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly accounting.
- Business Partnership to the VP of Regional Operations and the Care Center Practice Managers and Member Physicians: Establish meaningful Business Partnership relationships with the operations leadership in the Minneapolis Region and key physician leaders as appropriate. Demonstrate a high degree of client service, collaboration, responsiveness, proactiveness, communication, transparency, and problem-solving abilities. Ensure that the VP, Operations, and Care Center Practice Managers in the Minneapolis and key physician leaders fully understand their monthly financial results by building appropriate management reporting tools, training and on-going support by the regional accounting staff.
- Articulate and Lead Enhancement Initiatives Focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology: Strengthen the foundation of regional accounting and identify and articulate enhancements across People (organizational structure, training, development, etc.), Process (streamlining, documenting, enhancing), and leveraging existing and new Technologies (leverage features of current technology, identify new add-on technology).
- Drive Effectiveness and Efficiencies throughout the Region: Identify and articulate initiatives to enhance the Effectiveness (Quality, timeliness, accuracy, transparency, communication and reporting), and the Efficiency (cost to provide) of the function. Identify appropriate centralization of activities across the region.
- Acquired Practices: Collaborate with the Director, Integrations and Controls on accounting integration activity. Build appropriate Business Partnership relationships with newly acquired Practice Managers and move with deliberate speed to seamlessly integrate the accounting function.
- Leadership: Set an appropriate Tone at the Top and Walk the Talk. Build a culture that provides a high degree of internal customer service and responsiveness. Participate collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team.
- Talent Management: Attract, hire and train high performing staff as supported by growth in the business.
- Hands-in / Roll-up- sleeves: Demonstrated capacity to make strong individual contributions as well as lead and manage process development and execution. Demonstrated player / coach abilities.
The ideal and successful candidate will demonstrate a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service approach, and low-ego. He / she will also be collaborative and bring maturity, humility, integrity, and leadership to the role. The Director of Accounting, Minneapolis will have a proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA are required.
- 10+ years of experienced senior accounting leadership with a background that includes working in world-class organizations is required.
- 10% travel is required
- Large public accounting firm experience
- An advanced degree (MBA or other relevant master’s degree) is highly desirable.
- Experience in multi-site / multi-state enterprises is preferred.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite or like enterprise systems is a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Accounting, Minneapolis
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.