Director of Contracting
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 872
Position Title: Director of Contracting
The Director of Contracting coordinates, tracks and supports the Senior Director of Contracting, Market President, executive leadership, and board representatives in the negotiation of payer contracts. Responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with payer network managers and representatives for the market
- Evaluate managed care proposal contracting terms and rates including development and implementation of pay for performance, bundled payments, episode of care payments and other various forms of risk contracting
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, and implementing various managed care programs
- Negotiate and administer contracts with managed care payers
- Answer questions from providers and provider office staffs on contracting issues as needed
- Reviews provider performance reports from health plans and develops action plan to remedy outliers
- Represents contracting as internal subject matter expert on other projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree preferred (but may substitute additional experience)
- 7+ years relevant work experience in healthcare contracting, network management, healthcare pricing, healthcare economics or related field
- Contract negotiation experience for health plan, hospital or physician group
- Experience interpreting healthcare contracts and modeling financial impact of contract changes
- Strategic thinker, goal oriented, ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Up to 30% travel required
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Contracting
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.