Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 807
Position Title: Corporate Counsel
The Corporate Counsel (CC) will serve as a legal counsel to UPM and will support the Chief Legal Officer (CLO) in advising its senior management team. The CC will be responsible for providing practical legal advice to the company’s business operations and corporate leaders, corporate governance and M&A, with an emphasis on deals. CC candidates must have healthcare experience on the provider side in addition to expertise in the following areas: business transactions, contract negotiation and drafting, and other commercial matters. Experience with physician practice management is desired.
The CC’s primary focus will be on accelerating the growth of base business while also enhancing the quality of the legal team. Accretive acquisition will be of high concern as well as adding products and services to UPM. The selected candidate will be expected to achieve operational improvements across the company as well as help build a scalable infrastructure.
Responsibilities & Duties
The CC will be expected to:
- Follow best practices and processes and introduce them, if necessary.
- Drive change in the business through legal expertise in operations and M&A.
- Make improvements to standard approaches.
- Share expertise widely.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the CLO in enhancing the in-house legal function to manage all legal affairs - a preference for candidates with strong healthcare
- Assist the CLO in providing legal support to corporate functions.
- Provide M&A support, including due diligence on legal and regulatory
- Assist the CLO with the compliance
- Assist the CLO in developing a risk management program including litigation management.
- Provide legal support to physician group care centers.
Qualifications & Skills
Candidates must have 4+ years of relevant legal experience ideally serving as an in-house Counsel in a similarly-sized or larger company in the healthcare industry on the provider side. Law firm candidates without prior in-house experience will be considered. Experience with healthcare regulatory matters, corporate transactions, and complex commercial transactions is required. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in working in a fast-paced environment focused on accelerating the growth of business. Must be a member of the bar Florida or qualify for the “authorized house counsel” exception.
In addition, the selected candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Team player and willing to collaborate or work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with physician management groups or similar healthcare provider experience desired.
- Substantial expertise in corporate transactions, preferably in the healthcare industry on the provider side.
- Ability to collaborate and influence by building partnership through systematic
- Significant experience supporting business operations by driving results and working to beat
- Excellent judgment and the ability to lead change and advocate for new
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Counsel
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.