Breast Ultrasound Technologist Full-Time (WHASN) Sign-on Bonus $5,000.00
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada US
Job Number: 1858
Position Title: Ultrasound Technologist
WHASN Mammography Center at Lake Mead seeking a full-time is seeking ultrasound technologist. The Breast Ultrasound technologist works directly with the operations manager, the office manager, and any other staff assigned to the location. The Sonographer will perform clinical breast ultrasound procedures utilizing a background in anatomy, physiology, physics, and instrumentation to provide technical information to aid the radiologist in diagnosis. A sonographer must also possess certain values and abilities, including social perceptiveness, critical thinking, clear communication, active listening, and patient problem sensitivity.
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000.00
Essential Job Functions:
- Performing the ultrasound and ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images correctly
- Explaining the ultrasound procedure to patients to avoid confusion
- Maintaining ultrasound equipment and sterilizing the room in which the procedure takes place
- Evaluating the images for quality, and interpreting what the image captured
- Presenting images and preliminary findings to physicians and the healthcare team
- Maintaining patient records and adding medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure
- Work closely with the Mammography technologists and Radiologist to ensure the capture of appropriate information and prior imaging.
- Review all prior images and reports before completing an exam
- Utilize Pacs, EMR, and any other systems related to imaging
Additional Job Functions: Additional Job Functions:
- Attend Unified and UMAMS meetings
- Complete all assigned compliance and education requirements
- Assist in special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Training of other technologists as needed
- ARDMS registered sonographer
- Advanced Breast registry or eligible and will obtain within 6 months from hire date
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Breast Sonographer
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Previous experience working in an imaging environment is highly desirable
- Proficient in PACS and RIS Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
City: Las Vegas
Community / Marketing Title: Breast Ultrasound Technologist Full-Time (WHASN) Sign-on Bonus $5,000.00
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.