Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1657
Position Title: Pathologist
UWH of North Carolina has a state-of-the-art CAP-accredited lab in the Raleigh-Durham area with specialists in Women’s Health to produce the highest quality diagnoses for laboratory specimens.
We have over 37 medical offices and more than 290 providers throughout the states of North and South Carolina.
The Unified Women’s Healthcare of North Carolina Laboratory performs GYN cytology and Molecular Microbiology testing from provider office collected specimens. We are seeking 1 part-time or full time Pathologist to read abnormal ThinPrep pap smears and oversee the cytology and molecular department. Adding to our current test menu is in development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sign-out of abnormal liquid-based GYN cytology slides
- Work together and lead a team of Cytotechnologists
- Interact with multiple OB/GYN providers to communicate unusual diagnoses and answer other pertinent inquires
- Participate in PT & QA programs
- Responsibility for oversight of the cytology department along with the lab manager and cytology supervisor
- Responsibility for oversight of the molecular department along with the lab manager and molecular supervisor
- MD/DO with AP or AP/CP board certification or eligibility
- State of North Carolina licensure or eligibility for licensure
- Board-certified in Cytopathology
- Expertise in GYN Cytopathology, preferably with ThinPrep experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with numerous OB/GYN providers
- Laboratory leadership is preferred but not required
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Cytopathologist
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.