Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 1655
Position Title: Accounts Payable Manager
The Manager, Accounts Payable (A/P) is primarily responsible for the day to day operational and managerial direction and leadership for the A/P Shared Services Department. This leadership position supports the Senior Manager, A/P in ensuring the accurate processing of invoices, timely payment of invoices and balances owed, and exceptional customer and vendor experiences. The incumbent will also manage and oversee the travel and expense reimbursement and the credit card program for Unified and its Affiliates.
- Coach and develop the AP team into a model service organization to ensure the accuracy of the entire A/P process as it relates to processing vendor payment including timely receipt of invoices, matching and entry of purchase orders and invoices, vendor payment and communication with vendors and internal customers.
- Responsible for selection, assessment, and development of A/P team. Motivates staff by setting realistic expectations, coaching, and communicating performance expectations regularly.
- Provide vision and implementation to move to an innovative environment that shifts from data entry to analyzers.
- Manages local and remote team members via various reports to include cycle time, accuracy, and productivity. Sets priorities for specified A/P functions and supports strategic alliances with Functional/Market Leaders, and Medical Affiliates.
Month and Year-End
- Key member of the month-end close process; provide timely accruals, reconciliations, and analysis.
- Manage month-end closing of Corporate A/P; ensure accuracy of payables as it relates to the financial statements.
- Provide support to the Corporate Accounting team and participate in the annual audit process, both external audits and internal audits, maintaining exemplary internal control structures.
- Supervise the 1099 reporting in compliance with IRS rules and regulations.
Travel & Expense Reimbursement (T&E) and Credit Card Program
- Manage the day-to-day T&E and credit card services rendered to the Unified and its Affiliates to ensure the accurate and timely processing of transactions and connectivity to the ERP system.
- Monitors and troubleshoots T&E and credit card policy adherence, account reconciliations, corrective actions, ageing reports, liaises with Finance Bus Apps team to automate as needed.
- Manage relationship with T&E and credit card programs to leverage best practices, new technology, and perform business reviews.
- Manage the T&E and credit card program for Unified and its Affiliates.
- Constantly work to improve the A/P processes based on lessons learned collected through customer/vendor surveys or communications.
- Leadership through innovation and expanding automation payment mechanisms that reduce costs, drive business results, and move to an innovative environment that shifts from data entry to analyzers in the Shared Services Organization.
- Develop and manage A/P KPIs (metrics) and service level agreements for daily improvement and ensures the compliance of the SLAs.
- Work with Accounting, Procurement and Treasury to use technology to implement process improvements in accordance with industry best-in-class practices.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through professional publications, contacts, seminars, teleconferences, and other training.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of workflow associated with the timely and accurate processing of payments in accordance with department and Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and formulation of long-and short-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives for the A/P processes.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and service levels while mitigating risk (IT Security, HIPPA).
- Develop, prepare, and document standardized processes and policies surrounding A/P and T&E across Unified and its Affiliates.
- Train the broader organization on A/P control mechanisms and policies / procedures.
- Supporting current and future Merger & Acquisition activity and incorporate into existing A/P processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or other related major.
- Master's Degree in related field from a four-year college or university with fifteen years of relevant experience, preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in leading Accounts Payable Teams or similar with an ability to make process improvements and innovations.
- Experience with ERP systems supporting Accounts Payable, automation of payment solutions, Purchasing, and other systems that interface with disbursements.
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: AP Manager
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.