Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 1653
Position Title: Accounting Manager
nified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, their physicians, and their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great effort and commitment. We take great pride in not just speaking about this but executing on it.
The Accounting Manager position will serve as a key contributor in the proper accounting and reporting for transactions related to Unified Women’s Healthcare and its Affiliates. The overall expectations will be that the Accounting Manager is well versed in US GAAP, Healthcare Industry Insurance, and ERISA Plans as well as the accounting procedures required for all aspects of Unified’s accounting transactions and affiliated entities. This position will also play a role in the annual audit by preparing required schedules and interacting with auditors.
The Accounting Manager will work as a member of Unified’s Corporate Accounting team requiring effective interactions with other Staff & Senior Accountants, Accounting Mangers, Director of Corporate Accounting, Controller, Chief Accounting Officers, Chief Financial Officer, as well as various Unified departments (Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Tax, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, etc.).
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Plan, prepare, review/analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance with Company’s reporting and procedural standards for various Unified markets
- Complete month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing, including preparation of journal entries, account/variance analysis, and coordination of audits for the assigned entities
- Prepare and review the corresponding balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Understands, documents, and communicates complex accounting, insurance, benefits and pension plans transactions
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures all aspects of accounting are in compliance with established policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Effectively and efficiently analyzes and reports on results of operations and/or budget variance for areas of assigned responsibility
- Participate in streamlining department functions to ensure optimal productivity, efficiency, and accuracy
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the accounting field required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and an active CPA license required
- Health insurance and Benefits plans experience a plus
- Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Computer software proficiency with Excel, Word, and accounting research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system (e.g., Oracle, etc.) a plus
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Manager
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.