Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1630
Position Title: Cytotechnologist
UWH of NC Laboratory has built a state-of-the-art CAP-accredited lab in the Triangle park area with specialists in GYN Pathology to produce the highest quality of diagnosis of laboratory specimens. We are seeking experienced Cytotechnologists to join the GYN Cytology department.
We offer flexible scheduling for work days and start times making it easy to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Offering Sign-On Bonus and Retention Bonus.
A cytotechnologist provides patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports. This position is responsible for studying cells to detect evidence of cancer, hormonal abnormalities, and other pathological conditions following established standards and practices; and required to perform high-complexity testing, including microscopic evaluation of Thin Prep gynecologic cytology specimens, using established protocols using the broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Experience with Thin Prep Pap Smears is required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Examine cell samples to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns
- Verify name and accession number on slides and requisitions with computer for completeness and accuracy of data entry prior to microscopic evaluation
- Examine the slides under a microscope to identify abnormalities and documenting your interpretation of the results
- Report any abnormalities to the Pathologist
- Adhere to the laboratory’s QC policies, and document all QC activities
- Exercises independent judgment in dealing with procedural and technical problems
- Follow all health and safety regulations when handling laboratory specimens
- Comply with chemical hygiene and/or laboratory safety procedures
- Comply with all lab procedures, processes, and methodologies
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in cytology or health sciences or must meet the CAP/CLIA standards for a practicing cytotechnologist
- CT (ASCP Registered)-Normally a B.A./B.S. in Biological Science and meet all licensing requirements with 1-3 years of experience
- ASCP certification in cytotechnology or equivalent
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Cytotechnologist
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.