Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1628
Position Title: Cytology Supervisor
UWH of NC Laboratory has built a state-of-the-art CAP-accredited lab in the Triangle park area with specialists in GYN Pathology to produce the highest quality of diagnosis of laboratory specimens. We are seeking an experienced Cytology Supervisor to join the GYN Cytology department.
We offer flexible scheduling for workdays and start times making it easy to maintain a healthy work/life balance. Offering Sign-On Bonus and Retention Bonus.
The Cytology Supervisor will oversee the daily operations of the Cytology Lab, coordinate staff for efficient workflow and perform primary screening as needed; oversee the technical operations including QA/QC checks, system maintenance issues, accuracy of test results, and general sample troubleshooting; oversee laboratory staff in the performance of qualitative and quantitative test procedures; act as reference source for technologists in the correlation of test data. Implement solutions delivering highly accurate patient data; and participate in the orientation and training of staff.
- Supervise a high-volume GYN Cytology Department analyzing ThinPrep specimens with the most updated equipment available (T5000 Autoloaders, Imager Duos, Review Scope Plus, etc.)
- Supervise multiple Cytotechs and Cytoprep techs in the image-guided screening/interpretation and preparation, respectively, of liquid-based GYN cytology specimens.
- Prepare for CAP and other inspections.
- Perform required compliance tasks including the interpretation of data generated from the LIS to track lab and individual cytotech performance.
- Participate in other projects and perform other duties as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist to develop Cytology department
- Supervise Cytotechs
- Prepare for CAP inspections
- Special projects as needed
Additional Job Functions:
- Participate in meetings
- Attend staff meetings and applicable training
- Complete special projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience in the field of Cytotechnology
- ASCP certification in Cytotechnology required
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Cytology Supervisor
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.