Molecular Technologist (Temp 10 to 15 weeks)
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1619
Position Title: Molecular Technologist
Our NC Lab is currently seeking a Molecular Technologist in support of our molecular microbiology department. While no prior experience is necessary, a history of performing complex molecular laboratory testing is desirable. Experience with molecular instrumentation, specifically the Hologic Panther, is highly desirable. The successful applicant will perform all duties and functions delegated and necessary to the efficient economic and quality operation of the clinical laboratory.
Temporary for 10 to 15 weeks.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs simple to complex assays utilizing established departmental protocols.
- Reads, understands, and adheres to all the SOPs, policies, and protocols.
- Performs all pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical testing processes accurately and timely, as well as independently.
- Reports results via the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Prepares clinical specimens for testing and identifies specimen-related problems.
- Establishes and performs proper quality control measures (i.e. temperature monitoring, instrument maintenance, reagent/specimen preparation, etc.) in accordance with laboratory operating standards.
- Documents daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly quality control (e.g. equipment/instrument maintenance, calibrations, certifications) to support quality assurance initiatives.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance, reporting of test results, or instrument functions. Troubleshoots and/or reports findings to supervisor, manager, or director.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specification.
- Assists the supervisor in ensuring an efficient workflow operation and reports any delays and/or problems.
- Monitors TAT and workflow processes.
- Assists in preparation of validation documentation of new tests and procedures as assigned.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that PT samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples
- Cleans and maintains lab equipment, instrumentation, and work space.
- Maintains and tracks inventory for reagents, consumables, and ancillaries to support laboratory functions. Follow all health and safety regulations when handling laboratory specimens
- Comply with chemical hygiene and/or laboratory safety procedures
- Comply with all lab procedures, processes, and methodologies
- Meet CAP/CLIA requirements for high-complexity testing:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution OR
- Associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution OR equivalent education and training
- Possesses solid understanding of general laboratory techniques with emphasis in department-specific protocols.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness, and team orientation.
- Able to demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Operates equipment with sufficient proficiency to successfully execute test procedures.
- Possesses computer skills and laboratory automation knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Adheres to correct procedures, policies, and health/safety guidelines
- Prolonged periods of standing are necessary, able to stand on feet, bend, and move through shift; frequent lifting/carrying of objects up to 25 lbs.
- Shift work may include evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Molecular Technologist (Temp 10 to 15 weeks)
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.