Director of Finance
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota US
Job Number: 1515
Position Title: Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is a role which recognizes the past and future growth of the company. The Director of Finance will be responsible for providing accounting leadership to the accounting staff in the practice central business office, as well as providing Business Partnership to the VP Operations, The role reports to the VP, Market Accounting Operations. The Director of Finance is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly accounting and financial statements of the practice and includes all the practices within the platform. The Director of Finance will articulate and lead enhancement initiatives focused across People, Process, and leveraging Technology. He / she will reinforce a culture that provides a high degree of internal customer service and responsiveness. He / she will drive effectiveness and efficiencies in the accounting throughout the region, and appropriately integrate future acquired practices into the accounting operations.
The role is located in the central business office (CBO) of the practice in Minnetonka, MN.
Reporting to the Director of Finance will be the accounting staff of the CBO. Additional direct reports will come associated with future growth of the region.
The Director of Finance will first and foremost be passionate about Unified's mission. He/she will be hardworking, demonstrate the values of the company and build / sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels within the organization. The successful candidate will be persuasive, authentic and transparent and will demonstrate a high level of professional and personal credibility.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives include:
- Provide visible, hands-on leadership to the Accounting team that includes setting a tone at the top that ensures the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the monthly accounting.
- Establish meaningful Business Partnership relationships with the operations leadership in the platform and with key physician leaders as appropriate. Demonstrate a high degree of client service, collaboration, responsiveness, proactiveness, communication, transparency, and problem solving abilities. Ensure that the VP, Operations, and Care Center Practice Managers at the practices and key physician leaders fully understand their monthly financial results by building appropriate management reporting tools, training and on-going support by the regional accounting staff.
- Strengthen the foundation of regional accounting, and identify and articulate enhancements across People (organizational structure, training, development, etc), Process (streamlining, documenting, enhancing), and leveraging existing and new Technologies (leverage features of current technology, identify new add-on technology).
- Identify and articulate initiatives to enhance the Effectiveness (Quality, timeliness, accuracy, transparency, communication and reporting), and the Efficiency (cost to provide) of the function. Identify appropriate centralization of activities across the region.
- Collaborate with the Director, Integrations and Controls on accounting integration activity. Build appropriate Business Partnership relationships with newly acquired Practice Managers, and move with deliberate speed to seamlessly integrate the accounting function.
- Set an appropriate Tone at the Top and Walk the Talk. Build a culture that provides a high degree of internal customer service and responsiveness. Participate collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team.
- Attract, hire and train high performing staff as supported by growth in the business.
- Demonstrated capacity to make strong individual contributions as well as lead and manage process development and execution. Demonstrated player / coach abilities.
- Experience(10+ years), accounting leader with a background that includes working in word-class organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA, and large public accounting firm experience is required
- Advanced degree (MBA or other relevant master’s degree) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in building and/or significantly enhancing the function and will have a top tier accounting background.
- Experience in complex high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class processes and procedures.
- Experience in multi-site/multi-state enterprises is preferred.
- Healthcare experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite or like enterprise systems is a plus.
- Demonstrate a high-energy level, a sense of urgency, responsiveness, client-service approach, and low-ego.
- Ability to be collaborative and bring maturity, humility, integrity, and leadership to the role.
- Proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Finance
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.