EHR Support Specialist
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota US
Job Number: 1478
Position Title: EHR Support Specialist
Summary: The Athenahealth Support Specialist provides the technical support for the implementation and continued maintenance of athena and other HIT applications. Athena is a cloud-based electronic medical record and practice management tool. This person will also be responsible for providing assistance to divisions to ensure there are no barriers to their day to day functions.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Become a Superuser for athena; this requires advanced knowledge of the tool to be able to assist in the implementation at new divisions.
- Troubleshoot concerns with the division as they may arise and interact with the Unified and athena team as required to meet the needs of the division
- Collaborate with functional areas such as revenue cycle management and clinical operations to create and distribute training materials regarding athena, updates, and common problem areas
- Perform site visits to conduct outreach, education, training and orientation sessions for providers and ancillary staff
- Assist with maintaining user configurations based on divisional needs and adjust as needed
- Configure athena to meet divisional workflow needs as well as other third-party applications
- Develop and provide training to all staff including clinical personnel
- Act as a liaison between athenahealth and third-party applications
- Assess risks during and after implementation and provide a corrective action plan
- Establish working relationships and collaborate with office staff
- Review departmental and personal goals on an on-going basis with Director Information Systems
- Follow all applicable federal/state regulations with respect to Confidentiality and HIPAA, among others
- Interact in a professional, respectful and helpful manner
- Continue professional growth and development
- Complete deliverables in a timely fashion
- Generate call and visit reports daily and document all division encounters
- Plan for and participate in events such as Committee Meetings, Networking Events and Educational Sessions that may fall outside of normal business hours
- Other duties as assigned by direct report
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred or experience in Healthcare IT field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues effectively and simultaneously
- Self-motivated and self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, research and follow up skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Valid driver’s license and reliable insured automobile required.
- Must be able to travel locally up to 25% of the time
Community / Marketing Title: EHR Support Specialist
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.