Director of Contracting
Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 1477
Position Title: Director of Contracting
The Director of Contracting coordinates, tracks, and supports the VP of Contracting, Market President, executive leadership, and board representatives in the negotiation of payer contracts. Responsibilities include:
**This position can be remote for those who reside in Florida.**
Essential Job Functions:
- Build relationships with payer network managers and representatives for the market
- Evaluate managed care proposal contracting terms and rates including development and implementation of pay for performance, bundled payments, episode of care payments, and other various forms of risk contracting
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, and implementing various managed care programs
- Negotiate and administer contracts with managed care payers
- Answer questions from providers and provider office staffs on contracting issues as needed
- Reviews provider performance reports from health plans and develops action plan to remedy outliers
- Responsible for the Florida and Georgia markets
Represents contracting as an internal subject matter expert on other projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree preferred (but may substitute additional experience)
- 7+ years relevant work experience in healthcare contracting, network management, healthcare pricing, healthcare economics, or related field
- Contract negotiation experience for a health plan, hospital, or physician group
- Experience interpreting healthcare contracts and modeling financial impact of contract changes (with analyst support)
- Strategic thinker, goal-oriented, ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Up to 30% travel required
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Contracting
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.