EHR Integration Engineer
Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 1437
Position Title: EHR Integration Engineer
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a fast-growing organization that is looking for an EHR Integration Engineer to help us empower our physicians to transform women’s healthcare for their patients. This role requires a high energy, results driven, professional that can manage our robust integration project pipeline.
The EHR Integration Engineer works with Unified’s implementation team, the athenahealth Interface team, third-party vendors and Unified’s affiliated health care practices to create and manage interfaces and data migration. This role develops and deploys HL7 and API-based interfaces, performs electronic data conversions, and gathers inputs to solve valuable practice opportunities. The EHR Integration Engineer works with both in-flight implementations and post-live interface projects. In addition, the Engineer builds and applies expertise to provide integration optimization to health care practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages integration projects through scoping, design, documentation, build, testing, deployment, and stabilization phases.
- Works directly with customers, vendors and internal team(s) during the discovery phase to identify workflow requirements, and determine how interfaces would fit into proposed solutions
- Creates workflow diagrams and train staff on appropriate use and function of the system
- Supports interface go-lives on-site or remotely (primarily remotely)
- Supports clinical data conversion projects
- Works directly with data migration vendor, athena and care centers and is responsible for ensuring clinical data imports are completed accurately and timely.
- Manages Interface Salesforce Queue for new interface configuration requests and established interface troubleshooting or enhancements
- Manages the athena interface error queue messages
- Maintain relationships and work with vendors (athena project team, exterior software vendors, practice managers, medical staff)
- Work on multiple projects concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces and data conversions
- Collaborate with other Unified teams to create or enhance existing project management tools, and processes to improve quality and throughput of interface implementations and data conversions
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field are preferred
- A minimum of 2 progressive years working directly with interface projects. LIS/RIS systems, APIs, HL7 knowledge preferred
- Experience implementing and enhancing clinical workflows through the use of interfaced systems/devices - Experience with athenaClinicals EMR is preferred
- Effective time management, logical problem solving and analytical skills with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Outstanding listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work and communicate with business vendors, providers and practice staff
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Microsoft office suite
- SQL knowledge
- AthenaNet/EHR experience
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: EHR Integration Engineer
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.