Director of Market Operations
Location: Tucson, Arizona US
Job Number: 1345
Position Title: Director of Market Operations
The Director of Market Operations (AZ) is responsible for overseeing the business operations for the Arizona market. The Director is considered the lead interface between the market Medical Affiliate and shared services functions of Unified. With P&L responsibility the Director is actively involved in the operating performance of the overall market (top and bottom lines) and is at the nexus between care centers and Unified for all activities. KPI’s and success are measured on financial performance vs plan, provider satisfaction, and compliance with all of our regulatory and business obligations.
The Director will work closely with the SVP, Market President and Medical Director to lead relationship development among care centers and to develop new revenue opportunities and operating efficiency within the care centers. These include partnering with the SVP, Market President, Unified senior leaders and Clinical Governance Board (CGB) to help execute strategic planning around physician engagement and participation in payer innovation strategies, as well as identifying care centers for ancillary services expansion and new service line development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overseeing business operations and strategy of Arizona Market
- P&L responsibility of care centers in conjunction with physician shareholders
- Providing leadership and direction to care centers by managing specific administrative functions and the Care Center staff, primarily through an on-site office manager
- Strategic planning as it relates to practice growth
- Defining key success metrics, aligning on goals with physician shareholders and working with Care Center staff to manage to metrics/goals
- Coordinating with functions centralized to ensure optimal service to care centers
- Collaborating with physician shareholders on planning, coordinating, and managing personnel/resources in order to provide the highest quality patient care with professional and competent staff in the most cost-effective manner
- Working cross-functionally (e.g., with HR, IT, Compliance departments) to ensure managed practices are compliant with all applicable laws and regulations
- Developing positive relationships with physicians shareholders and office managers and key business affiliates
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in Practice Management or related field. Familiarity with field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of practice management components including:
- Performance standards
- Physician concerns
- Quality assurance
- Risk Management
- Personnel selection
- Budgetary planning
- Ability to deliver results timely and in a pressure filled environment.
- Experience communicating logically and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Highly developed organizational skill and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and on time completion.
- Excellent operational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to supervise professional and non-professional associates and promote staff development.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of professionals at all levels in the healthcare system.
- Strong operational, financial and management capabilities
- Ability to work strategically as well as tactically
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Market Operations
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.