Human Resources Manager
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota US
Job Number: 1343
Position Title: HR Manager
The Human Resource Manager at Premier is responsible for the daily operations of the Human Resource function including compliance with all applicable employment laws, oversight of payroll, recruiting, hiring, training, and retention of Premier staff. This position will collaborate with our corporate partners and act as a liaison between the medical practice and the Human Resource Department.
Job responsibilities are included but not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws as they pertain to labor, wages, employee rights, safety, etc.
- Assist in recruiting new employees and providers through all available resources, referrals, etc.
- Act as point person for all employee complaints/concerns, disciplinary items, and other actions that may be required to ensure employee engagement, compliance, and satisfaction.
- Coach practice administrators on interviewing candidates which may include screening of resumes, first pass phone interviews, in person interviews, and coordination with Divisions to schedule on site interviews with local Division leadership.
- Coordinate the onboarding process for all new employees including developing a streamlined process, formalizing protocols and documents and ensuring completion of all mandatory background checks, drug screens, and OIG restriction verifications.
- Collaborate with the Credentialing Department to create and streamline the onboarding process as it pertains to providers.
- Developing and maintaining the exit process for all employees and physicians including streamlined processes, formalizing protocols, and creating documents/checklists.
- Updated, standardize and administer all employee forms, handbooks, etc.
- Act as the point of contact and source of truth for all demographic, tax and contact information for all employees and providers.
- Assist in processing payroll for all Premier OBGYN of Minnesota and Unified Premier CBO employees including managing exempt and non-exempt employees, ensuring proper time keeping processes, and handling any concerns with regards to this process.
- Assist in conducting detailed investigations, as needed, across the Medical Group divisions when an issue is reported.
- Partner with practice administrators on preparing job descriptions, employment policies, and procedures, employee notices, Employee Handbooks, and salary benchmarking and recommendations.
- Assist in coordinating and answering all benefit administration questions including but not limited to: acting as point person for the CBO and Medical Practices, participate on Benefits Committee meetings, assist with the Open Enrollment process, educating all employees, enrolling employees throughout the years based on hires and qualifying events
- Act as liaison for all Absence Management including medical leave as well as maternity/paternity leave
- Work closely with third-party administrators and web portal to assist in the administration of the 401k plan. Work alongside the partners, the third-party administrator and with the Finance Department to fund the profit-sharing plan annually
- Maintain accurate records and documentation so as to prevent paying unnecessary Unemployment Claims, in association with the Department of Labor
- Assist in maintaining personnel files for all Premier OBGYN of Minnesota and the Unified Premier CBO staff members including physician and provider employment agreements.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Psychology, Sociology, Human Resources or another related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in HR management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and issues effectively and simultaneously
- Self-motivated and self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail, research and follow up skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Employment/Labor laws and requirements
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Manager
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.