Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 1328
Position Title: Lab Assistant
Our Laboratory is currently seeking a full time (10:00am-6:00pm) Lab Assistant to work in cytology. Experience in this specialty is desirable. Two (2) years’ experience as a lab assistant, or relevant experience in a lab environment is preferred. A successful candidate will perform various support activities for laboratory technical staff including specimen receipt and triage, specimen processing, ordering and stocking of materials, cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining laboratory workspace and equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receive and process specimens consistent with specimen requirements for testing including positive patient identification, appropriate specimen collection container and specimen transport requirements.
- Identify and accurately label specimens and distribute them to the appropriate testing area
- Prepare equipment and work space for specimen testing
- Perform equipment maintenance and document activities
- Perform clerical and administrative duties as needed
- Organize and maintain lab specimen storage
- Organize and monitor lab supplies for appropriate inventory levels as directed by laboratory leadership
- Communicate specimen or laboratory equipment non-conformity or malfunctions to technical staff and/or laboratory leadership
- Clean and maintain work area and all lab equipment and supplies
- Follow all health and safety regulations when handling laboratory specimens
- Comply with chemical hygiene and/or laboratory safety procedures
- Comply with all lab procedures, processes, and methodologies
- Assists all technical laboratory staff and leadership with additional duties as needed.
- High school degree or equivalent; Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in science, life science, medical technology, mathematics, chemistry or related field preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Able to easily understand complex instructions, both verbally and in writing
- Able to maintain confidentiality consistent with HIPAA
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, Laboratory Information Systems
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Prolonged periods of standing are necessary, able to stand on feet, bend, and move through shift; frequent lifting/carrying of objects up to 25 lbs.
- Shift work may include evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and extended shifts
Community / Marketing Title: Laboratory Assistant
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.