Assistant Vice President, Market Operations, NC/SC
Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1321
Position Title: Assistant Vice President, Market Operations
*** This role can be remote for those living in North Carolina who are willing to travel to the Morrisville office periodically. ***
The Assistant Vice President, Market Operations, NC/SC is responsible for managing the execution of operational and strategic work, both day-to-day operations and special initiatives, for the Central Business Office and for the operational leadership of the Affiliate medical group. As part of this role, the AVP, Market Operations, NC/SC executes on the market growth strategy to support success and profitable growth for our affiliate partner as part of the Unified Women’s Healthcare (Unified) organization.
The AVP, Market Operations, NC/SC is considered one of the key leaders “on the ground” in the market to work with the healthcare practices (care centers), the clinical governance board (CGB) and the staff across the Central Business Office (CBO), and the Unified corporate team. This leader is a key advocate for the Affiliate medical group and sits at the center of discussions, decisions and issues that are being navigated on behalf of the Affiliate medical group.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and management, direct and matrixed, of the dedicated and designated team members required to achieve the goals, financial and otherwise, of the Affiliate medical group. These include: back-office operations for the care centers and functions within the CBO including revenue cycle management, provider relations, marketing, contracting, compliance, risk management, human resources, payroll, credentialing, finance/accounting, IT, account management, implementation and PMIS & EHR oversight
- Development and support in execution of strategic plans to drive profitable growth for the Affiliate medical group
- Management of reporting of financials, goals and KPIs (key performance indicators), including operating metrics, to understand and report on progress related to goals and Op Plan throughout the year. Execution on critical factors to drive progress and the ability to identify core issues creating risk or enabling success in the market.
- Implementation of business office policies and standard operating procedures
- Engagement in the billing and collections processes (in partnership with Care Centers and RCM)
- Compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Standardization of business practices
- Identification of process management and related efficiencies and structural needs
- For an Affiliate medical group within three years of the affiliation with Unified, engagement will be needed to report progress relative to integration goals and metrics as well as support for key aspects of integration along the 3yr roadmap defined at the deal close. This will be a key role of any market leader during this time frame.
- During the first year of integration, the following will be critical:
- Set Year One roadmap and engage with CGB around expectations and critical milestones associated with Unified support and partnership
- Go live on Athena and other support systems (e.g. UKG Pro)
- Stand up and maintain the CBO team, including the assessment and hiring of the full team in the CBO structure supporting the Affiliate
- During the first year of integration, the following will be critical:
In support of the above responsibilities, the following will be required:
- Support of the Clinical Governance Board for the Affiliate medical group to ensure that objectives and focus are clear, drive the preparation, execution and follow up for meetings and engagement of various board members and CGB leadership
- Engagement across Unified central teams to ensure alignment on support needed for market goals and Affiliate medical group needs
- Direct work with clinical leadership to implement clinical workflows to enable high quality care and improve patient and physician satisfaction
- Organization and facilitation of various committees for the medical group supporting IT, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Risk Management and other important initiatives
- Clear messaging and reporting around the performance of the market relative to goals, financials and Key Performance Indicators including, but not limited to, revenue cycle management metrics (charges, cash collections, accounts receivable, patient collections).
- Specific reporting should allow for strategy for operational performance across care centers
- Financial reporting should include an understanding of where outperformance and underperformance exists, what the key drivers are and what the necessary focus or actions should be to enable success.
- Market goals should be updated via the market goals tracker, in collaboration the Market’s SVP and functional leadership across Unified
- Development of standard operating procedures and processes, across care centers and within the Central Business Office (CBO); processes may need to be established where they do not exist and/or enhanced for the benefit of the Affiliate medical group
- Support for other duties based on diverse business needs, service requests and other requirements and needs of the Affiliate medical group
- Support for critical talent and culture foundational work that enables success for the above including hiring, performance management/establishment of goals, team engagement, and relationship building.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters Degree preferred in business or other field requiring highly developed language and reasoning skills.
- 5 to 10 years experience in a health care organization with broad industry knowledge of patient care management, community based physician practice management, managed care and care financing at the macro level; experience working directly with physicians in a similar model (management services organization) preferred; experience directly in the women’s health space considered a plus
- Experience working with a senior executive team and establishing structure and management process is preferred, especially as it relates to communication approach and style; experience with change management, negotiation or collaboration with win/win in mind is considered a plus
- Other necessary skills:
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal, are required; proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google suites with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Track record of success; ability to deliver results in a fast-paced and high pressure environment
- Highly responsive and organized, including the ability to advance multiple initiatives in parallel and proactively plan to coordinate across multiple parties and/or to execute on complex projects
- Highly developed skills in navigating a matrixed organization, with the ability to establish and leverage relationships to drive results in a large organization
- Proven ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and on-time completion
- Excellent operational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership and management skills; high emotional IQ with strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to partner with challenging and demanding personalities
- Attention to detail and ability to work with limited supervision is essential
- Ability to reliably report and forecast budgets, create and review financial analysis and drive actions and strategy based on P&L results
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Vice President, Market Operations, NC/SC
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.