Location: Norfolk, Virginia US
Job Number: 1300
Position Title: Junior Accountant
The primary responsibility of the Junior Accountant is to support the Accounting team and the Physician offices. The ideal candidate must be very detail oriented and have the ability to make decisions based on objective analysis of facts.
- Accounts Payable-Manage the intake of invoices related to all care centers for the market. This involves directing to the correct staff accountant and imaging as well as assisting new care centers with setup.
- Manage VA A/P inbox and direct invoices and communications to correct team member
- Image physical copies received and route to appropriate team member
- Collect information for new vendors and submit to corporate A/P team for setup
- Research statements and follow up on missing invoices
- Prepare 1099s for all care centers annually
- Corporate duties-Assist in preparing some of the entries and schedules necessary for consolidation of information to the corporate entity as well as centralized tasks that relate to all care centers.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset reporting for corporate team
- Prepare malpractice insurance entry for corporate team
- Prepare and distribution the equipment lease notifications to each of the care centers weekly
- Care Center Management-Responsible for general ledger and month end closing process for 17-20 small physician care centers.
- Record weekly tracker entries
- Review and record monthly journal entries related to close
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Other Administrative
- Coordinate large communication blasts from accounting team (i.e. A/P funding, notification to all care centers on deadlines, distribute bonus templates, etc.)
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience working as an Accountant in the healthcare field preferred
- Experience with accounting software (as well as Excel and Word) required, QuickBooks preferred
- Experience communicating logically and clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to provide excellent, client-focused service
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Experience working with Pivot Tables, Vlookup and Macros preferred
- Well organized, detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
Community / Marketing Title: Junior Accountant
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.