Laboratory Information Systems Administrator
Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 1243
Position Title: Laboratory Information System Administrator
The Laboratory Information System Administrator will be responsible for the support of the Laboratory Information System (LIS) administration, account configuration, and maintaining its interoperability with the EHR(s) in laboratories in which UWH physician practices are located.
- Assist LIS Manager on LIS related integration projects
- Monitor EMR error queues and create mappings, when necessary
- Monitor LIS system and work with team to optimize workflows
- Monitor and troubleshoot EMR/LIS failure reports
- Assist Lab Managers in maintaining up-to-date account configurations in LIS
- Assist LIS Manager in EMR functionality maintenance and updates
- Collaborate with Unified’ s Clinical Operations team to maximize clinical workflows and troubleshoot issues with outside lab interfaces
- Assist in the planning and scheduling of LIS related enhancements and projects
- Provide guidance to staff ensuring appropriate use and function of the system
- Participate in weekly ticket review meetings with the LIS Vendor
- Ensures proper functioning of the organization's laboratory information systems and makes upgrades as necessary.
- Monitor integrity for HL7, reference labs, and instrument interfaces.
- Maintain relationships and work with vendors (reference labs, practice management system, electronic medical record system) associated with the LIS.
- Update Test Catalog for all reference labs and testing locally interfaced.
- Work with in-house Lab IT Staff as a liaison to help facilitate software updates, additional functionality and other upgrades.
- Collaborate with LIS Manager to design and implement training program for new employees, to include reference materials for current staff.
- Assists staff in understanding and using technology; conducts regular staff technology presentations and trainings.
- Maintain current knowledge of LIS by attending training programs and online user groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
- Strong background and experience working in a Medical and/or Laboratory facility including knowledge of electronic health records, laboratory information systems, and practice management systems.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work on both a team and independently.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail are a must. Must be self-motivated and comfortable working on several projects in concurrence.
- Flexible working hours.
- Prior experience in implementation of a Laboratory Information System is preferred.
- Strong background in client support and demonstrated ability to work with clients who have a wide variance in IT and computing skill levels.
Community / Marketing Title: Laboratory Information Systems Administrator
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.