Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1241
Position Title: Cytology Supervisor
The Cytology Supervisor will oversee the daily operations of the Cytology Lab, coordinate staff for efficient workflow and perform primary screening as needed; oversee the technical operations including QA/QC checks, system maintenance issues, accuracy of test results, and general sample troubleshooting; oversee laboratory staff in the performance of qualitative and quantitative test procedures; act as reference source for technologists in the correlation of test data. Implement solutions delivering highly accurate patient data; and participate in the orientation and training of staff.
- Supervise a high-volume GYN Cytology Department analyzing ThinPrep specimens with the most updated equipment available (T5000 Autoloaders, Imager Duos, Review Scope Plus, etc.)
- Supervise multiple Cytotechs and Cytoprep techs in the image-guided screening/interpretation and preparation, respectively, of liquid-based GYN cytology specimens.
- Prepare for CAP and other inspections.
- Perform required compliance tasks including the interpretation of data generated from the LIS to track lab and individual cytotech performance.
- Participate in other projects and perform other duties as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist to develop Cytology department
- Supervise Cytotechs
- Prepare for CAP inspections
- Special projects as needed
Additional Job Functions:
- Participate in meetings
- Attend staff meetings and applicable training
- Complete special projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in the field of Cytotechnology
- ASCP certification in Cytotechnology required
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Cytology Supervisor
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.