Location: Morrisville, North Carolina US
Job Number: 1223
Position Title: Accessioning Supervisor
UWH of North Carolina Laboratory is seeking a Specimen Processing Supervisor who will oversee operations and staff activities. The Supervisor will coordinate staff for efficient and accurate accessioning and processing of specimens in cytology, and molecular microbiology. Prior laboratory experience is required, and prior supervisory experience is desirable.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise Accessioning staff
- Train and ensure competency of staff
- Monitor personnel utilization, material usage rates, and identify and communicate trends in fluctuations in types and volumes of tests
- Monitor logistics to ensure adequate supply of specimens to laboratory sections for testing
- Oversee workflow, safety, maintenance, cleanliness, and compliance with laboratory policies, procedures, and safety protocols
- Monitor and improve productivity
- Disseminate information to employees in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with employees, laboratory leadership, pathologists, internal and external customers
- Ensure documentation is complete and reviewed as required by internal and external audit/survey activities
- Demonstrate professionalism with employee relations, new employee on-boarding, coaching and staff evaluation
- Investigate, resolve and respond in a timely manner to internal and external customer concerns or specimen integrity issues
- Motivate and encourage professional growth.
- Ensure adequate material inventory
- High School diploma
- Laboratory experience
- Associates degree
- Supervisory experience
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Accessioning Supervisor
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.