Associate Systems Administrator
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 1197
Position Title: Associate Systems Administrator
Unified Women’s Healthcare in partnership with Ob/Gyn Specialists of the Palm Beaches is seeking an Associate Systems Administrator to help execute and support the company’s technology and customer support strategies.
Our Information Technology operations and strategy execution rely upon a stable computing platform.
- This person needs to have strong experience in Microsoft Server products including Server 2012/2016, and the Office 365 product offering.
- Must have strong knowledge of virtual systems and IP networking.
- Must have a solid foundation in desktop automation applications.
- Must be familiar with Storage Area Network technologies. This person must understand the concepts for a highly effective Help Desk based upon the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) body of knowledge.
- Familiarity with IT auditing requirements from HIPAA/HiTech and/or NIST is a plus.
- A strong commitment to teamwork is required.
- Experience in creating effective standards and documentation for networked systems is necessary.
- Attention to detail and a positive customer service attitude is required.
- All our IT team members must be passionate about high performance IT, providing the highest levels of customer service throughout and using technology to create business value. Healthcare, health insurance and/or managed care experience are strongly preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Aids and supports system and helpdesk operations.
- Maintains server platform environments for Active Directory, SQL Server, Office 365, and other application related servers.
- Designs, implements, and supports server and desktop operating systems.
- Manage and/or support all Windows Server environments.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is created to support Auditing as required by HIPAA/HiTech and/or NIST.
- Manage and support monitoring, scripting, and compliance applications.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of hardware and software products, especially regarding product implementation, maintenance, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviews system and application logs and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensures all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Assists in the management of wired and wireless networking infrastructure.
- Reviews, recommends, and implements required system upgrades and patches. Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Participates in client/project meeting(s) as needed to ensure that developmental projects are transitioned into production. Analyzes the needs and requirements of users and develops documentation as needed.
- Participates in executing company Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan including taking steps to prepare for potential events as well as responding to those events.
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department.
- Interfaces with users of Information Technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department. Resolves problem situations in a professional manner. Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service.
At least 5 years previous experience required; previous experience in healthcare, health insurance and/or Managed Care strongly preferred.
Additional Job Functions: This job has supervisory responsibility of complex services, systems, and technologies.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft MCSE
- Cisco CCNA
- VMWare VCP
City: West Palm Beach
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Systems Administrator
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
Remote Opportunity: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.