Manager of Revenue Cycle Management
Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 1177
Position Title: Manager, Revenue Cycle Management
The Manager of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for leading and managing the revenue cycle team, including management of payer and third-party billing vendor relationships to drive results for our OBGYN Client base. This position requires a thorough understanding of the medical revenue cycle billing process. The Revenue Cycle Manager is responsible for the entire accounts receivable process, performance, personnel management, and the profitability of our supplementary / add-on services. The Manager is responsible for driving continuous performance improvements through innovation, data analysis, system optimization, other automation techniques, and/or RCM process changes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with RCM Director to create and drive forward innovative ideas for performance and KPI improvement
- Prepare revenue cycle financial analysis including aged accounts.
- Monitor and assess KPI’s in order to improve efficiencies.
- Analyze insurance denial trends and create front end edits/rules to help increase clean claim rate, reduce denial rates and increase cash collections.
- Prepare data and communicate with care center(s) on payor denials, documentation or registration issues to help drive self-pay and insurance cashflow.
- Maintain strong understanding of payor related changes across all states/markets
- Document processes and collaborate with external vendors to track and develop enhancements to the billing software and/or billing process
- Ensure external vendors are meeting standards for the practice. Able to identify issues and provide solutions to bottlenecks with action plans with the vendors
- Provide weekly status reports on projects to RCM Director
- Coordinate with coding team on priorities and improvements.
- Effectively lead regularly held RCM team meetings
- Audit of employees and accounts required to help understand how to provide additional training or process enhancements
- Able to independently manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal oversight
- Review Athena process enhancements to ensure the RCM team is utilizing all functions to streamline workflows
- Ongoing quality assessment: perform audits to ensure the accuracy of coding performed, oversee the capture and analysis of data regarding operational performance and quality control, ensure all coding is completed with quality and regulatory compliance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a healthcare medical Revenue Cycle function
- College degree desired
- Certified coder preferred, but not required
- Strong critical thinking and analytic skills are required, as demonstrated through:
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex processes and data sets, articulating problem statements and possible solutions, and formulating and implementing solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, capable of flexing communication style to the intended audience, and demonstrating ability to communicate crisply and succinctly
- Intermediate proficiency in MS PowerPoint desired
- Prior presentation skills to Executive leadership teams on KPI and leadership priorities
- Excellent relationship building skills and aptitude for working collaboratively with cross-functional groups
- Strong working knowledge of payor denials and appeal processes
- Able to clearly articulate processes and effectively communicate external users
- Knowledge of Athena Collector is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: Manager of Revenue Cycle Management
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.