Business Analyst, Valued Based Care
Location: Boca Raton, Florida US
Job Number: 1116
Position Title: Business Analyst, Valued Based Care
In your role as Business Analyst, Value Based Care you will provide technical and analytical support for value-based care (VBC) programs, including analyzing, and monitoring/measuring the performance of the initiatives by leveraging utilization, financial, clinical, and benchmark data from multiple internal and external sources. You will be responsible for developing cost and utilization performance reporting, early warning insights, and deep-dive analytics, to improve clinical and cost and utilization outcomes. You will be responsible for creating SQL and BI data models using internal and external datasets to enable the creation of standardized actionable dashboards. You will partner with multiple internal workgroups and market leaders tasked with transforming Women’s Healthcare. For ultimate success in this role you will utilize your strong technical skills, analytical skillset, and healthcare knowledge to build analytical models and tools that communicate high impact drivers to key stakeholders.
Essential Job functions:
- Model SQL data tables, queries, and relationships to follow and establish a standard value-based care data model and analytical roadmap
- Create multiple ETL processes transforming raw claims data into SQL and Power BI models
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports that provide actionable insights using both internal and external claims datasets
- Produce dashboards to outline the cost of patient care for clinical providers based on utilization tendencies and patient populations
- Partner with the internal Clinical Transformation team to create detailed and meaningful- metrics and benchmarks following standardized guidelines
- Analyze various VBC reimbursement methods and make recommendations on most effective strategies; identify and calculate ROI and other financial opportunities
- Communicate suggestions for continuous improvements in data quality
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to gather data requirements and communicate results
- Candidate must possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree; graduate degree (MBA, MPH, MS) a plus; emphasis in finance, accounting, economics, or information systems is preferred
- 5 plus years’ experience analyzing data; healthcare data analysis preferred (claim, clinical, provider, eligibility) but not required
- Demonstrated expertise using SQL, Power BI, Tableau or similar, MS Excel required
- Sound understanding of healthcare data, trends, and reporting.
- Ability to create and use financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools.
- Ability to quickly identify and address quality control issues in data sets and reports.
- Ability to think strategically and to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels within the Company.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions using innovative techniques.
City: Boca Raton
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst, Valued Based Care
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.