Associate Lab Director
Location: Tampa, Florida US
Job Number: 1012
Position Title: Associate Lab Director
Florida Woman Care, the largest OB/GYN group practice in the state of Florida has built a state of the art CAP-accredited lab in the Tampa area with specialists in GYN Pathology to produce the highest quality diagnoses of laboratory specimens.
We currently have over 200 medical offices and over 550 OBGYN Providers throughout the state of Florida.
The Florida Woman Care Laboratory performs Histology, Cytology and Molecular Microbiology. We are seeking 1 full time Pathologist to act as an Associate Laboratory Director to help oversee a team of 4 pathologists with sub-specialty expertise in GYN Pathology and/or Cytopathology. Specimen types are predominantly office-based biopsies, LEEPs and Pap Smears. There are no frozen section call responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Laboratory Director, oversee the daily operations of the laboratory as well as the team of pathologists
- Work collaboratively with multiple OB/GYN providers and administrators in the delivery of integrated care
- Sign-out of office based GYN biopsies and/or liquid based GYN cytology
- Participate in PT & QA programs
- MD/DO with AP or AP/CP board certification or eligibility with at least 3 years of leadership experience
- State of Florida licensure or eligibility for licensure
- Expertise in GYN Pathology and/or Cytopathology, preferably with fellowship training in one or both
- Experience with QA to maintain the quality and standardization of the laboratory
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact either by phone or email with numerous OB/GYN providers
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Lab Director
Unified Women’s Healthcare is a company dedicated to caring for Ob-Gyn providers who care for others, be they physicians or their support staff. A team of like-minded professionals with significant business and healthcare experience, we operate with a singular mindset - great care needs great care. We take great pride in not just speaking about this, but executing on it.
As a company, our mission is to be an indispensable source of business knowledge, innovation and support to the practices in our network. We are advocates for our Ob-Gyn medical affiliates – enabling them to focus solely on the practice of medicine while we focus on the business of medicine.
We are action oriented. We strategize, implement and execute – on behalf of the practices we serve.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan. This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.